Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We Made It

Traveling always makes for a long day; but we made it. I'm blogging on my iPhone, so please excuse the typos and the brevity. I know it should only feel like 6:30, but I am ready to go to bed.

We got caught in a torrential downpour on the drive from the airport and even with the wipers on high speed I couldn't see where I was going; there were no reflective ba-da-bumps to mark the traffic lanes and everyone slowed to a crawl. And I'm not complaining. I was about to pull over until the cloud burst passed. It's supposed to be like that all week, with thunderstorms on Friday and Saturday.

The rental car I got this trip is much nicer than last time. We had a Ford Focus and I hated it. I hated the way it handled and its lack of oomph. And something about the steering wheel just made it feel like a pretend car. A toy. This time they gave me a Ford Fusion and it handles so much better. Though I still crack my head on the door frame every time I get in and out of it. And the drivers seat is miserable uncomfortable.

After getting lost on some some of the very rural roads here on our last trip I had planned on getting GPS with the rental this time. But at $15/day for 8 days, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. We went without before and survived, so I figured we could manage again. I've already pulled multiple U-turns because we missed our turn. I should really check whether U-ies are even legal here.

And I don't know why I even bothered to set the car alarm. There's no way I'd ever hear it over the cricket cacophony. They're almost deafening.

Planning to see the house in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment