Friday, April 15, 2011

Hopes and Dreams

After our walk-throughs yesterday, Scoob and I spent some time alone in the house enjoying the peace and quiet. Other than a rowdy woodpecker all we could hear was a soft breeze through the trees and our own breathing. It's an amazing feeling.

My mom suggested something before we left California that my Aunt P had done after her wedding. She and her husband were building a home together when they decided to get married, and the ceremony was held inside the frame of their house. After becoming husband and wife, they handed Sharpies to the guests, and they wrote messages for the newlyweds on the studs of the house frame.

So, I gave it some thought before we left and packed a few Sharpies to write my hopes and dreams for our lives in this house--etch them onto the bones of the house.


On the right-side front door frame.


Near the center of the house, between the living room and kitchen.


In the master bedroom.


On the left-hand side of the front door frame.


On the kitchen wall to the right of the above-sink window.


In the window frame of the sunniest window.


In the bonus room.


At the center of the house.


That last one was a little difficult. Since I couldn't reach the beam from the floor, I had to hang over the edge from the second floor.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I particularly like that shot of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to personalize your home before you even see the final product. Love it!

    ReplyDelete