Friday, April 15, 2011

Oh, What a Day

Oh. My. Goodness. That. Took. For. EVER.

Silly me. I thought we'd be done with the plumbing, electricity, and low-voltage walk-throughs by noon. 1:00 an the latest. Clearly, I'm delusional.

The plumbing was easy enough, and the plumbing subcontractor reminded me a little of my first step-dad. Then it was time for the electrical.

So yesterday when I visited the house, I was thinking of last Sunday and our relaxing day on the patio and I tried to imagine doing the same in our new home.


Someday.


And this morning, when we started the elecrital walk-through, the non-porch looked the same as it did yesterday. By the time we finished the electrical all the support framing for the patio was finished.


Someday is going to get here awfully fast.


Scoob enjoying the view off the back patio.


Thankfully, the low-voltage guy gave us a chance to slip away for lunch around 2:30 before subjecting us to his special brand of torture. But honestly, electrical was the worst.


I never dreamed that placing lights and switches and outlets was so difficult.


Or that so dang many of them could possibly be in one house.


Then we got to figure out where every phone jack would be.


And then TV hook-ups.

It was a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment