Monday, April 2, 2012

Musical Mondays—Gimme Shelter

We had a good weekend. I had to bow out of supper club on Saturday night due to allergies—aside from itchy eyes, physically I felt better than I had all week, but the amount of sniffing, sneezing, and general wheezing would undoubtedly ruin everyone else's appetites. So I stayed home.

I did some weeding in the yard on Sunday and checked in on the garden. It looks like every thing we planted from starts has taken, now I'm just waiting for some seeds to sprout. Hoping to get some pictures of the garden box up soon. I got a pretty decent work out in, too, and did a ton of laundry because the cats are shedding all over everything.

But, as usual, Scoob put me to shame with how much he got accomplished. He sanded and stained the back patio and stairs (it looks so much nicer now), mulched up piles of leaves all around the house, and sprayed the lawn for mosquitoes, ticks, and chiggers.

The thunder storms have eased up a bit around here. I'm sure we'll have plenty more, but we're enjoying the sunshine in the meantime.

During our last big storm, I went out on the front porch to watch awhile and kept seeing a dark blob out of the corner of my eye overhead. At first I thought the mud wasps had been really busy, but on closer inspection it was just a little birdie, all puffed up in the corner, taking shelter from the storm.


Poor guy.


Just as lightening was flashing.


Little birdie puff ball.


I've been so knocked out on Benadryl at night for allergies I have no idea if there's music in my dreams or not. So this Musical Monday is in little birdie's honor.


Gimme Shelter
Rolling Stones
Oh, a storm is threat'ning
My very life today
If I don't get some shelter
Oh yeah, I'm gonna fade away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Ooh, see the fire is sweepin'
Our very street today
Burns like a red coal carpet
Mad bull lost its way
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
Rape, murder!
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
The floods is threat'ning
My very life today
Gimme, gimme shelter
Or I'm gonna fade away
War, children, it's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
It's just a shot away
I tell you love, sister, it's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
It's just a kiss away
Kiss away, kiss away


No comments:

Post a Comment