And I especially love lemon poppy seed bundt cake! Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know that I've ever had any other kind of bundt cake. Hmmm. Whatever.
I always remembered my mom saying bundt cakes were difficult, so I was a little scared of what might happen. But my first bundt cake adventure turned out swell. And tasty!
(Yes. I said swell.)
Rockin' the apron!
Out of the oven to cool.
Lo a bundt cake! A lemon poppy seed bundt cake.
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Prep time:1–1¼ hours
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
- zest from two lemons
- juice from one lemon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tbsps poppy seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 Tbsps lemon juice
- Oil and flour your bundt pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat butter and sugar together in a medium-sized mixing bowl until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add in remaining ingredients and beat until completely combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and set on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue to cool on the wire rack. Drizzle with glaze, once cooled.
- Whisk together until smooth. Cover until ready to use.
I thought it had a bit too much glaze. I like the extra punch of sour the glaze adds, but it is quite sweet. If a make this again (if, ha! who am I kidding?) I may cut the glaze in half or just try a dusting of confectioner's sugar.