Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Broccoli Rabe Pasta

So I'm finally getting around to posting the recipe for the second side dish we had for Thanksgiving dinner. I've tried it a second time, and we still ended up throwing some out even after I cut the recipe down.

I first had something like this at a catered lunch in the office and went hunting for the recipe and found a good base to start with over at Rachel Ray. Anyhow, my home version wasn't as good as what we had for lunch. I liked it, but I don't know that I'll make this again—it's just way too much food and it didn't seem to reheat well.


Broccoli Rabe Pasta


Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
    ½ lb. pasta (I used campanelle)
    1 lb. broccoli rabe
    ⅓ cup olive oil
    6–8 cloves of garlic, minced
    1½ tsps. red pepper flakes
    ½ cup grated Parmesan
    ½ cup crumbled feta
    ½ cup shopped red bell pepper
    fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
  2. Trim the end and coarsely chop the broccoli rabe and add it to a deep skillet. Add 2–3 cups of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until no longer bitter. Drain and set aside.
  3. Return the skillet to the stove over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and pepper flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
  4. Return broccoli rabe to the skillet and turn to coat with the oil.
  5. Toss pasta and broccoli rabe in a bowl with cheese and ground pepper. Serve while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment