I first had something like this at a catered lunch in the office and went hunting for the recipe and found a good base to start with over at Rachel Ray. Anyhow, my home version wasn't as good as what we had for lunch. I liked it, but I don't know that I'll make this again—it's just way too much food and it didn't seem to reheat well.
Broccoli Rabe Pasta
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ lb. pasta (I used campanelle)
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6–8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1½ tsps. red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup shopped red bell pepper
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Trim the end and coarsely chop the broccoli rabe and add it to a deep skillet. Add 2–3 cups of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 7 minutes, or until no longer bitter. Drain and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and pepper flakes and saute for 3 minutes.
- Return broccoli rabe to the skillet and turn to coat with the oil.
- Toss pasta and broccoli rabe in a bowl with cheese and ground pepper. Serve while warm.