Monday, March 12, 2012

Oh, What a Night

Have you ever woken up in the morning with a song rolling through your brain? This seems to be happening to me a lot lately.

I have no idea what I'm dreaming about when these songs are providing a soundtrack, and even though there's a whole branch of psychology devoted to dream interpretation, there's very little information about music in your dreams beyond:
Music
To hear harmonious and soothing music in your dream signifies prosperity and pleasure. You are expressing your emotions in a positive way. Music serves to heal the soul.
To hear discordant or out of tune music in your dream signifies unhappiness, lack of harmony,and troubles in your relationship or domestic life.
Songs
To hear or write songs in your dream indicate that you are looking at things from a spiritual viewpoint. Your future will be filled with happiness and wealth. Consider the words to the song that you are dreaming about for additional messages.
In ancient times, dream messages could only be unraveled by people with certain powers. So, in the hopes that one of you have these powers, I offer up my internal soundtrack for your interpretation. And now you can have these earworms stuck in your head too! Lucky, lucky you.

In the meantime, I feel oddly inspired to locate a pair of bell bottoms, roller skates, and every sequin I can lay my hands on.

Oh, What a Night
Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons

Oh, what a night.
Late December back in '63.
What a very special time for me,
'Cause I remember what a night.
Oh, what a night.
You know, I didn't even know her name,
But I was never gonna be the same.
What a lady. What a night.
Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.
Oh, what a night,
Hypnotizing, mesmerizing me.
She was everything I dreamed she'd be.
Sweet surrender, what a night!
I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.
Oh, what a night!
Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked
In the room and I,
As I recall it ended much too soon.
Oh, what a night.
Why'd it take so long to see the light?
Seemed so wrong, but now it seems so right.
What a lady, what a night!
I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder
Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under.
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)
Oh, what a night!
(Do, do, do, do, do. Do, do, do, do, do, do.)


Sorry for the Spanish subtitles, but this was the best sound quality while still showing Fankie Valli and The Four Seasons in all their 70s bell bottom glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment