Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oldie but a Goodie: Home Cough Remedy

I've had several friends on the facebook ask about at home cough remedies so I decided to dredge this home cough remedy recipe up from the past.

So here it is, reprinted here with permission (mine), from my old blog.

Poor Sweetie, he's actually feeling much better but he just can't seem to shake the cough and it's been keeping him awake at nights (me too, but I'm not as miserable). He's tried the Quils, both Day and Ny, and cough syrup, and lozenges, but he's still coughing. So today I tried looking up remedies online and found a doozy here, and they got it from Herbally Yours by Penny C. Royal, 3rd Edition. I had all the ingredients in my spice cupboard, so he decided it was worth a shot. It seems like it took 30 minutes to an hour to kick in, he's still coughing but the fitful bouts seem to have stopped:

    ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
    ¼ tsp. ground ginger
    1 Tbsp. honey
    1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
    2 Tbsp. water

Whisk together and take by the teaspoon-full. (He took 3 teaspoons of the stuff and said it tasted a bit like Tabasco sauce, but sweet.)



By the by, Casa Wayward is on facebook now. Give us a like. (Me. It's just me. Talking about myself in the plural. sheesh) I often post little tid-bitty things there in between posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment