Monday, April 20, 2009

Rags to Riches

Today, Scoob and I took a trip to Mexico with our neighbors and made it home before 9:00pm. And we did it without our passports. How on earth did we accomplish this? We went to the San Jose Flea Market!

It was about 90° here today, a dramatic shift from this past Tuesday when forecasters were calling for frost in some areas around the Bay and I put the winter blanket back on the bed. I was even back to running the heat Wednesday and Thursday morning to get the house up to a comfortable 64°.

Anyhow, I slathered on the sunscreen and we hit the flea market for a day of picture taking. Here are a couple of my best shots:




After the flea market, we and our neighbors parted ways and Scoob and I headed to Santana Row, quite possibly the most upscale shopping mall in the South Bay. Scoob made the comment that we had visited both extremes, going from rags to riches in a matter of hours. The statement was more than a little true, and more than a little unsettling.

After Santana Row, we had intended to go to Henry's Hi-Life, but there was a Sharks hockey game tonight and the restaurant is about a block from the Shark Tank and it was next to impossible to navigate around the Tank with various streets closed to traffic. We decided to not even try and find parking and headed elsewhere.

So instead, we took a detour to El Salvador, stopping at Chalateco Restaurant and Pupuseria for dinner. (Mom, remember the Church's Chicken at Alum Rock and King? It's now a Chalateco!) After dinner we headed home. I've got a pounding headache. I think I got a little heat exhaustion today and I'm definitely dehydrated. The warmer weather like today is definitely on its way, so I had better get back into the habit of carrying water.

No comments:

Post a Comment