You can find the original Chile Rellenos Quiche recipe on the Taste of Home website. They've got the nutritional information there, but I've made a number of changes so it probably isn't relevant to this version.
I'm tempted to just dive in to the whole quiche pie.
Oh, but a slice is nice.
Chile Rellenos Quiche
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40–45 minutes
- 2 Tbsps corn meal
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- hot pepper sauce to taste, optional
- 1 6–7 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1½ cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (reduced-fat if you can find it)
- Preheat your oven to 450°. Evenly sprinkle the cornmeal over the bottom of your pie dish and toast for 3–5 minutes in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, mayonnaise, and hot pepper sauce, then stir in the chopped chiles and the cheese, and pour into the dish.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.