Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chile Rellenos Quiche

Oh, I have been holding out on you, people. My rendition of this Chile Rellenos Quiche recipe is super easy to throw together. I almost always have the ingredients for this on hand, which is especially helpful for those nights when I don't have a clear dinner plan. And the leftovers make for a yummy, protein-rich breakfast the next morning. I've made it several times now and we love, love, lurve it!

You can find the original Chile Rellenos Quiche recipe on the Taste of Home website. They've got the nutritional information there, but I've made a number of changes so it probably isn't relevant to this version.


I'm tempted to just dive in to the whole quiche pie.


Oh, but a slice is nice.


Chile Rellenos Quiche

Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40–45 minutes

Ingredients
    2 Tbsps corn meal
    3 eggs
    ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
    hot pepper sauce to taste, optional
    1 6–7 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
    1½ cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese (reduced-fat if you can find it)

Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 450°. Evenly sprinkle the cornmeal over the bottom of your pie dish and toast for 3–5 minutes in the oven.

  2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, mayonnaise, and hot pepper sauce, then stir in the chopped chiles and the cheese, and pour into the dish.

  3. Bake for 30–35 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
I love the flavor of green chiles and this really hits the spot. It may not be the healthiest recipe, but by eliminating the pie crust altogether and cutting down on the amount of cheese, I think I've at least made it healthier than it was.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE how am I supposed to pin this delicious sounding recipe with no picture?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete