Saturday, May 30, 2009

Link Purge

Once again I've been sitting on a number of links that I've either been too busy to post, or I can't really come up with a way to tie them together. I may need to make the purging of links a monthly event, though it probably needs a catchier name.

There are all things I found interesting on some level, or they just made me laugh.

Here's a comic on over-exertion. I'm with the cat.

A while back, I guess it was really only a month ago, when the Swine Flu frenzy was kicking up, I commented on how, due to illegal immigration, closing down the border with Mexico wouldn't be a feasible solution for containment. Later I found this infographic on where legal immigrants come to the United States from.

Sometimes, you just need to state the obvious.




I'm not really sure what this sign is warning me of, cow-tipping revenge? tm-tm has a whole set of crazy sign photos on flickr.








I thought this eco-friendly pizza box design was pretty ingenious. One of those "Why didn't I think of that" things.











We've been passively house hunting for a few years now and we know that when we're finally ready to move, we'll need to sell this house. Here's an interesting article on using a blog to sell your home.



In a related vein, here are a few things web workers should consider when relocating. The comments are pretty informative too. Obviously for web workers, connectivity is going to be important. Here's an article that looks into whether or not broadband connectivity fosters job growth in rural areas.



Not really related to moving so much as location, I ran across this infographic on water sources for major U.S. cities.



No comments:

Post a Comment