Friday, August 24, 2012

Zowie!

What a week, folks! So I had my Wednesday morning interview, which seemed to go really well and I am hoping to hear back from them to set up a face-to-face interview. I completed all the paperwork for submitting my receipts for reimbursement for my out-of-pocket medical expenses related to January's surgery, and when I called to confirm the mailing address I was told there was $500 sitting in the account from last year, so they're sending me a check for that too. I love found money!

And later Wednesday, I received a cold call from a recruiter for a Fortune 500 company who had spotted my resume online. We did an impromptu interview over the phone and she set me up with her boss for a second interview on Thursday who then sent my resume in to the Company. I was supposed to have an interview this morning but apparently the Company person called in sick today, so we're tentatively scheduled for an interview on Monday.

I am trying not to get overly excited about the job, but it is quite the ego boost to have someone reach out to me for a job rather than me sending out application after application waiting for attention.In the meantime, I received my next print freelance job today, so I will be working on that for the next while.

Apparently, the screens on the kitchen windows have become a favorite local hangout.






The little lizard guy was freshly hatched. I couldn't really get him in focus, but he still had eggshell bits clinging to his skin. And the butterfly/moth was just content to hangout for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment