Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Riding with My Top Down

Aside from the creepy guy talking to me at the jewelry counter in my dream just before the alarm went off this morning, it's been a pretty good day so far. I drank my Silk Light Chocolate Soy Milk with breakfast—this is one of my newest favorite things. I don't like the taste of regular milk, not to mention that my body just doesn't cope well with milk, but this I can handle. And it has the same calcium content as regular milk. And it's only 90 calories. And it's chocolate. Tell me that's not a great way to start your day!

I got several hugs from Scoob and the furry people this morning, took my vitamins (trying to get back in the habit), and got the corned beef brisket going on the stove before I left the house. I made the mistake of smelling the spice packet before I added it to the pot and set of an incredible round of sneezing. Oh, but the house was smelling wonderful by the time I left. I'm seriously looking forward to dinner tonight with some boiled potatoes and carrots and some fresh cabbage. A regular Irish feast y'all. Without the beer, though. I may have to swing by the grocery for some sauerkraut and rye bread so I can make ruben sandwiches later in the week.

I had my sunroof open for the drive into the office today. It was about 65° out this morning and sunny gorgeous, though the 70 mph added a bit of wind chill. But it felt so good. Never mind that I had to try to retame my hair once I reached the office. It was a small price to pay.

Replace the pimped-out ride with my dusty Forester, lose the bling and the grillz, and picture me in all my Caucasian suburban glory instead of the ganstas. Yeah, that's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment