Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eeny, Meey, Miny, Moe

Whew, thank heavens I can say whew again. I went to the dentist tonight after work to replace a filling. I was supposed to go yesterday, but I had called in sick to work and completely forgot about the appointment, so we rescheduled for today. I didn't really call in sick yesterday. It's more like I called in with a massive headache and complete lack of sleep because someone went for a bike ride on Sunday without taking his allergy medicine and couldn't breathe all night, which meant someone else couldn't sleep all night. Yeah. That's exactly what I called in with yesterday.

So anyhow, back to the dentist. I'd been in for a cleaning a few weeks ago and mentioned some pain and the dentist said he could see hairline cracks around one of my fillings and wanted to take the filling out to make sure I didn't need a crown. After a shot of Novocaine he started drilling. Then after peeling me from the ceiling he thought maybe I needed one more shot before he got to work. I thought so too. After all, this is the same woman who woke up during oral surgery and asked to see her wisdom teeth, or at least tried to ask around the fingers and various instruments crammed in her mouth as the surgeon kept yelling for someone to "Put her out again!"

And my dentist is so thoughtful y'all. He has this beautiful mirror on the wall at the receptionist's desk, I guess so you can check your hair and make up after you've been inverted in the chair before you leave. But dudes, all I saw was the lady with some crazy assed hair that she can't seem to do anything with, mascara circles from squinching her eyes closed so tightly, and half a mouth so numb it couldn't even begin to smile. It was like having botox on my upper lip and entire left cheek. Not that cheek. And dudes, I still had errands to run. There was no way I was going to be able to flirt my way out of a speeding ticket with that face, so I kept it under 65 all the way.

I called Scoob as I was leaving the dentist's office only to be told he couldn't understand me through my lisp. We did manage to communicate enough for me to figure out there was no plan for dinner so I headed to the bank, took out some cash only to get my receipt telling me I had overdrawn the account. Dang it! I've been chipping away at this old checking account for a while now with the intent to close it. But dang it!

Then I went to the library (woohoo) and tried successfully to convince them that I had already paid the late fees that were sitting on my account. No you didn't. Yes I did. No you didn't. Yes I did. No you didn't. Then why have you let me continue to check out books? Oh, I guess you did.

Then I was still stressing about the bank thing so I drove back to the bank and redeposited $20 to cover what I'd overdrawn. I so hope they still post the deposits before the withdrawals because I don't want to get an overdraft charge. Gah. I'm going to have to call them in the morning aren't I?

From there I headed to the pet store for cat food for Madame Barf-O-Matic and her sidekick Sir Talks-A-Lot. We're going to try a new food and see if Dozer will stop throwing up or at least not throw up as often. There's absolutely nothing wrong with her, I think she's just eating too fast. Scarf and barf.

From there I made a quick stop at Ranch-o 99-o for all the good hot chili sauce that we seem to be out of and then to our neighborhood Chinese restaurant for take out so we could watch Lost, because ohmygod it's Tuesday again.

This is the first time in forever that I've actually been watching the current season of a show along with the rest of the world and can actually participate in water cooler talk. Usually I have to cover my ears and la-la-la-la-la out of the kitchen. And for cryingoutloud, isn't American Idol over yet? I miss Glee!

Oh yes, the library. So I checked out The Book of Lost Things (John Connolly), The Dance of the Dissident Daughter (Sue Monk Kidd), The Girls from Ames (Jeffrey Zaslow), and And Another Thing (Eoin Colfer). I know I don't want to start off with Dissident Daughter because I saw how I never got around to reading the rest of the books I'd checked out when I was savoring Pomegranates. I'm a little hesitant about And Another Thing because it's been so long since I've read the Hitchhiker books. I'm afraid I won't be able to pick up the story line again. So eeny, meeny, miny, moe.

No comments:

Post a Comment